Tuesday, November 20, 2012

What I Am Thankful For and Turkey Story!

Because it is almost Thanksgiving I feel that this post was in order. This year I am thankful for both of my cats who have gotten me through so much this year just by being there 24/7. I am also thankful to be living in this country. Although things are not the best in the U.S. at the moment they could be 100 times worse. Another thing that I am thankful to have are some of the things a lot of people seem to forget about because they seen to always just be there. I am thankful for having a house to live in along with food and clothing and even though they are pretty crazy, I am thankful for my family in a way and am happy that my very distant uncle was recently released from prison (he was apparently sleeping outside the office he works in on a bench. Apparently that's a big no no. Resisting arrest is also a big reason as to why he may have been in there a few weeks.) But anyways..

In a few days I shall be very thankful for turkey!!! I honestly have no qualms about eating the bird. When I was a little girl I went to this restaurant area with my grandparents which is known for having great turkey and a whole bunch of other cool little things inside. I was finished eating and decided to go play in the playground area outside. This is when I realized that this turkey restaurant had actual living, breathing turkey on it's grounds. I had never seen a living turkey in real life before so I thought it would be fun to start talking and singing to it and get close to it's face. Not very wise. The turkey started chasing me all over the playground trying to kill me and even recruited some of his friends to help attack! I finally made it to the top of a slide but when I looked down about 30 turkeys were surrounding it! Someone obviously heard me screaming and was able to find my grandparents along with the owner of the restaurant who did not look very happy about his turkeys attacking a 3 year old. I'm guessing he was even more upset because it drew a scene. Some man had to get his dog out of his car to come scare the turkeys away so I could get down safely.
When I got down I remember my grandfather asking me "Why did the turkeys start attacking you?" (kind of like the question he asked when I thought it would be fun to pet a goose and take it's feather "Why did the goose bite you?)
My response (in tears) I ONLY WANTED IT TO BE MY FRIEEENND.

Now I know; turkeys are food, not friends. To this day I have not seen a single living turkey roaming around the grounds of this restaurant and I have been there plenty of times since this occurred.


Because I have listed above the things that I am truly appreciative and thankful for I thought what the heck and decided to make a list of things that I am loving at the moment.

*TEA- Okay, I will always love tea. But at the moment I am finding Numi's earl grey to be slightly amazing.

* Wild Honeysuckle body spray from Bath and Body Works- I feel like a princess wearing it!!!


* This pink notebook that I got at the college bookstore- It is the LARGEST notebook I have ever owned and there are atleast 70 lines per page. I bought one a few semesters ago and ran out of paper but this has to be the biggest asset to my college work and what not.

* Downton Abbey- Recently started watching seasons 1 and 2 again in preparation for season 3 airing in America on January 6th. It is such an amazing show; the cast, the costumes, the scenery, the storyline, everything is beyond amazing.


* SALT- Recently saw this movie and I thought it was fantastic. Angelina Jolie deserved an award for her performance.


* Les Miserables- I have been listening to the music 24/7 as of lately. Everything about this musical is phenomenal and I doubt that I will shut up about it anytime in the near future. Or at least until February.




There are probably a million other things I forgot to add but that is alright.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : ) They really mean a lot to me and I promise to reply if you follow the following rules:

1. No name calling or rudeness or bashing towards me or others.
2. No unnecessary criticism.
3. No plagiarism of anything I write.
4. No idiocy.

Have a great day! =)