Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thievery




I am not naming names but let's just say that I am not the only person in the world who commented about Oscar fashions. I'm almost positive a lot of people have blogged about that topic because obviously whoever watched the red carpet or the show know that "fashion" is bound to be talked about for days afterwards. Let's face it, fashion is a popular topic after celebrity events such as this.

Now it's one thing to have the same opinion as someone else, it's entirely different to copy and paste word for word what another person has wrote and then play it off as your own. That is called PLAGIARISM and that is exactly what happened to me. I was trying to find another picture of one of the girl's dresses because blogger wasn't showing the picture and somehow on Google I came across a blog post about Oscar fashion that looked incredibly similar to mine. It took me a few seconds before I realized "Oh this IS mine but it's NOT my blog." I'm the only person I know who would post 3 photos to Helena Bonham Carter wearing the same outfit and give Quvenzhané Wallis 2nd best dressed just because of her rocking puppy purse and just because I am a huge Helena fan and am crazy like that. 

I post days later a lot of the time because I do have a tendency to forget to press 'publish' sometimes. If you think people will judge you because you posted one or two days later about some stupid event then you either need to find new readers or post a half assed version of what you think about the event because stealing my work is not okay with me.

True, this is the internet, things are bound to be stolen a lot of the time and because I don't have legal stuff to back up that I am the original owner of my words, there is nothing I can do except be flattered that someone felt the need to give themselves credit for work that isn't there's. Truly, I am upset but mostly flattered because I never realized that my posts were worth stealing! I'm sure there are at least 10 grammatical errors in everything I write but power to the thief who thinks it's worth copying! 

I'm not going to quit writing though. One thief is not enough to make me want to quit blogging. I'm not afraid of a thief. I don't post a lot of my ideas online for this reason. I'm trying to write a novel and until that novel is a published piece of work I'm sorry to say that I will not be sharing my story ideas with you. I'm not saying that any of you reading this right now are capable of doing something like this, most of you out there have lives of your own so copying and pasting another persons blog posts word for word would just be silly. But obviously it can happen and I just want to be a bit more cautious. Stealing sentences and pictures in an obvious copy and paste way is stupid and will hopefully hurt this person later on in life when they decide that Perez Hilton is an unknown blogger. 

To be clear, I'm not writing this blog for anyone else; I'm writing it for me. And this is my story, not yours. Go out and tell your own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : ) They really mean a lot to me and I promise to reply if you follow the following rules:

1. No name calling or rudeness or bashing towards me or others.
2. No unnecessary criticism.
3. No plagiarism of anything I write.
4. No idiocy.

Have a great day! =)