1. Someone on my Facebook recently posted this;
"Anastasia is my fave. Disney princess!" What? NO. Anastasia is not Disney unless we are talking about Cinderella's evil step sister but even then Anastasia is not a princess! Anastasia is a Grand Duchess from a 20th CENTURY FOX MOVIE. You want to know why you never see her in any of the Disney parks? Maybe because she's not Disney!!! You want to know what else isn't Disney?
Universal Studios! (the first one anyways. I'm not sure what company produced the 100 other sequels but I'm almost positive it wasn't Disney.)
New Line Cinema!
Warner Brothers. Great film by the way and hopefully I can watch and review this soon. And all of the people drowned!!!
Another one from 20th Century Fox!
Warner Brothers/ Don Bluth Entertainment. Don Bluth made a ton of movies that are not Disney.
Dreamworks! It even says so on the poster, how can you get this wrong?!?!?
Lionsgate! But as of now the franchise for the movies has been taken over by Universal Studios which in my opinion was a stupid idea. I loved Barbie as much as the next girl but I swear if you thought that these movies were by Disney I have every right to punch you in the face.
Get your childhood right kids!
2. Speaking of non-Disney princesses I am not understanding why some of the Disney heroins are considered to be princesses. In the store you will see a box of dolls that say "Disney Princesses" on them, yet Pocahontas is included. She never married a prince nor did she ever MEET a prince. She was a daughter to a chief. That is it. How is she a princess?
You want to know who else isn't a princess? Mulan. Mulan didn't marry royalty, she married Shang who is a military general! Although if she was a princess she would easily be the most badass one there is.
Giselle from Enchanted is also not a princess. She may look and act like one but she didn't marry the prince thus making her a non-princess.
You want to know what I think? If someone wants to make a set up of Disney princesses I think they should do it right and not add characters just because they are popular. There should be a princess set and a heroine set. Not just a set that includes some princesses and some heroines. That is not right. If you want to add another princess add Eilonwy from The Black Cauldron. She may not be popular (I doubt 90% of you have even heard of her) but she has earned her title. Oh and since Star Wars has been taken over by Disney now, Leia needs a place as well.
3. "You can meet every character is at Disney World!"- Oh yeah, what about Kida? I've never seen her at Disney World! Granted I live nowhere near Florida but if anyone has ever met her I'd like to know!
Or Pacha and Yzma from The Emperors New Groove. I've never seen them there either.
I know a lot of the rare characters are usually at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in October but never the less that does not mean that they are regularly seen characters that you can find whenever you go to Disney.
Pain and Panic from Hercules
The Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland
Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty
Jane Porter from Tarzan. Let me tell you I am not happy that she's not a regular. She has always been my favorite Disney character!
So no, you cannot meet "all the Disney characters" you can only meet 97% of them unless it is during October.
4. "The Jungle Book is the only old Disney film that had NO SONGS in it!" Oh really?
I do think that these are songs!
5. "Jack Sparrow isn't Disney!!!"Neither is Anastasia but that doesn't seem to stop some of you from thinking she is a princess! FYI Sparrow is Disney. See the top of the poster below!
In conclusion I just wanted to get all of this out there. The next time someone says any of the following lies and seems like they know what they are talking about, direct them to this blog to show them how WRONG they are. I swear if I have to tell one more person that Don Bluth is a person who also did animation, I am not going to be too pleased!