Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscar Fashions and Favorites

As promised here are my favorite fashions of the night!
Truly I thought that everyone looked beautiful. White and black seemed to be the stand out colors of the night.



Adele looked so pretty! She's been wearing a lot of black to these award shows but honestly I think this was her best dress.I also thought the one she wore while performing Skyfall was gorgeous.

Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta. She looked so beautiful and happy to be there!


Samantha Barks. I thought she could have worn something a bit more flashy but this dress just works for her.


Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji. If I ever ended up on the red carpet I would pay Tadashi Shoji to make my dress. I have never seen a bad dress designed by him.

Naomi Watts in Armani. Naomi Watts is the only person who can pull this dress off, end of story.

I know people either love or hate this dress but I am one of the few who loved it. I have never seen Kidman pull off a bad dress after her terrible red bow one.

Louise Roe. I have no idea who she is but I love the dress.

Jessica Chastain. Liked her 2012 dress better but this one was pretty as well. The color worked nicely with her pale skin tone and because I'm pale as well, I have to give her a ton of credit for even thinking of this color to wear considering I would have never thought it would look nice with pale skin people like us. But she totally rocked it!


I loved her dress. LOVED IT. I have no idea why she has been on every worst dressed list, this looked truly stunning on her and was my favorite that she has worn.
Jennifer Lawrence
Jennifer Lawrence. I was wondering at first how she was going to sit down in that dress but she managed- until she fell but she handled that really well too. Beautiful dress and it had the right person in it to pull it off.
 Quvenzhané Wallis
Quvenzhané Wallis in Armani Junior. Totally appropriate dress for the 9 year old. But instead of the dress I would like to point out her purse. It's a puppy! How awesome is that!!! I am giving her 2nd best dressed just because of the awesome purse.


Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck. First and foremost I thought that they were the best looking couple of the night by far. The color of Garner's dress looks outstanding on her. I'm not sure what color that is, it's not plum and it's not magenta. But whatever color it is it is definitely Jennifer's.

In my opinion Catherine is the most beautiful person to ever exist so anything she wears will automatically be a hit for me.

Gloria Reuben. The dress really stood out to me. One of my favorites of the night.


Norah Jones looks flawless in this dress. A+!


Helena Bonham-Carter can't win in these "fashion police" peoples eyes. She pulls something out of her closet at the last minute and gets slammed for her look. She wears a designer dress and get slammed for her look. I love her no matter what she wears. And guess what? She could care less about your opinion on her wardrobe! She always stays true to herself.
< This is Helena's "Do you really think I care" face.
By the way, everyone who likes Helena probably knows this but I found it hilariously neat that the dress she wore to the Oscar's was the same one she wore to the Great Expectations premiere. See;
< Again, she is not caring about your opinion on her style.

My favorite of the night;

Sally Field in Valentino. When I say that she stood out I mean she REALLY stood out in a good way. During the Oscar's when the camera went to the audience you knew exactly where she was because of this dress.

The Worst

Reese Witherspoon's Hair was gorgeous
I don't hate it! I really don't. However the people on the carpet kept going on and on about how gorgeous the dress was and how hard her hair must have taken hours to do. No. I love Reese but the hair and dress weren't all that and a bag of chips.


Renee Zellweger. Not a fan of this look.


Jacki Weaver. Very nice person but the dress reminded me of Christmas. I think that there should be a rule that says no silky red dresses on the red carpet.


Naomie Harris aka Bond Girl. The slit up the side was just too much.


I think that I am the only one who hated this look. It's not horrible but Halle has the body to pull off anything and I was just disappointed that she chose this.



Zoe Saldana. The dress was alright, just too busy. I think if she ditched the belt it could work.

Kelly Osbourne
Kelly Osbourne. The dress looks like it is strangling her.



It hurts me to put her on here, it does. I love Anne Hathaway but Anne, we could see your nipples and that's not cool. The back of the dress was alright. In her defense I know she picked it out 3 hours before the carpet because  she knew Seyfried was wearing a similar styled dress as she was going to wear. But whatever, she won the award so who cares what she was wearing? It's not like it was a life or death choice.


Brandi Glanville. The only reason anyone would wear something like this is for negative attention, which for some, is better than none at all. What to say about her?



By the way Seth Macfarlane was a great host and those whoever keeps complaining about him need to stop getting so defensive. I had no idea who he was before the show even began but later learned he does Family Guy which is a show I can't stand. However I thought the show was entertaining the entire night and if people wanted to see painfully terrible hosting they should have seen Queen Latifah host the 2011 Peoples Choice Awards.

^Compare and then get back to me on how Macfarlane was a suck host. Much better than the Hathaway/Franco show as well.


Favorite Moments of the Night:
-Shirley Bassey  went onstage and sang 'Goldfinger’ to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the James Bond film. She was fantastic, actually, she was more than fantastic. I don't think that there is a word to describe how incredible her performance was. I think she must be in her 70's by now and if she can still sing like that at that age, she is going to live forever. 
-Ang Lee is the coolest dude ever. 

- However Ben Affleck's improvised speech kind of beat Ang Lee's.
- Anne Hathaway's speech was heartbreaking too.
- Daniel Day Lewis jokes with Meryl Streep who presented the award to him; "“It’s a strange thing because three years ago, before we decided to do a straight swap, I had actually been committed to play Margaret Thatcher.” 
- This was my absolute favorite part of the night by far, a tribute to musicals! I put a video of Catherine Zeta Jones up here but youtube took it down so now we're stuck with a sped up version of the performance. But after 11 years please note that she is still a fantastic Velma Kelly.



-Jennifer Hudson also sang a rendition of And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going, which was not as good as when she sang it in the movie. It was a bit too screechy and she did too much when she didn't need to. 

One thing I did not understand though and will probably get flamed about this later; why was Michelle Obama  at the Oscar's? Sure she was invited, but why? I don't understand. I would say this about any political figure being at the Oscar's though so no, I'm not bashing anyone who likes Obama I'm just curious as to why Michelle was such a necessary addition to the show and why they didn't just have Jack Nicholson present it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : ) They really mean a lot to me and I promise to reply if you follow the following rules:

1. No name calling or rudeness or bashing towards me or others.
2. No unnecessary criticism.
3. No plagiarism of anything I write.
4. No idiocy.

Have a great day! =)