Thursday, February 14, 2013

I'm Not Gonna Write You A Love Song

But I will share some of my favorites with you because it's saddy sad lovey lovey love Valentine's and because I have a strange like of really sappy, tear jerking, heart wrenching songs. My list will be made up of my favorite movie love songs because I find that many songs that are made for movies tend to have more depth and put more heart into them than say, anything that has ever been sung by Justin Bieber.

1. Anywhere the Heart Goes- Monica Mancini


I have no idea how someone could have ever written such a beautiful song. The song was originally a score for the television miniseries The Thorn Birds and really does fit the premise of the miniseries quite well. However after hearing the song only a little while after watching the series I completely fell in love with it. There are so few lyrics but they are so powerful in what they say.

Love can hurt when you go
Anywhere the heart goes
Don’t you know it isn’t easy
Being me


2. Elephant Love Medley- Moulin Rouge



I absolutely adored the music to this film. However this was a song or rather a 'medley'  that really stood out to me. I liked the movie, although I wouldn't say I am a huge fan, but this song speaks volumes about the plot. Plus Obi-Wan Kenobi is SINGING, nothing can be better than that.
*Every single  lyric in this song is my favorite. 

3. Kiss From A Rose- Seal

Yeah yeah yeah, this song could possibly be about heroin but you can't say that this song is any less beautiful because of that. Although Seal has came out with about a million other awesome songs, this one will always remain my favorite. However, Batman Forever is not necessarily my favorite film with the caped hero.
I've been kissed by a rose on the gray,
I've been kissed by a rose
I've been kissed by a rose on the gray,
...And if I should fall along the way
I've been kissed by a rose
...been kissed by a rose on the gray.


4. Against All Odds- Phil Collins

I'm sure that everyone on planet earth knows this song. HOWEVER some of you may not know that the songs was recorded for a 1984 movie of the same name.

So take a look at me now, 
'cos there's just an empty space 
And there's nothing left here to remind me, 
just the memory of your face 
Take a look at me now, 
'cos there's just an empty space 
And you coming back to me 
Is against all odds and that's what I've got to face 



5. Can You Fell The Love Tonight- Elton John




From The Lion King!  Elton John wrote a ton of great music for this movie, but considering this is the only "love" song in the entire film, it's going on the list.
There's a time for everyone if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn
There's a rhyme and reason to the wild outdoors
When the heart of this star-crossed voyager beats in time with yours


6. I Have Nothing- Whitney Houston

RIP Whitney. Yes, I Will Always Love You is probably the most famous and favorite song from The Bodyguard, but I like this one a lot better. I'm not sure if it's the lyrics or rhythm but I think it just beats I Will Always Love You.
Don't make me close one more doorI don't wanna hurt anymoreStay in my arms if you dareOr must I imagine you there



7. I Won't Say I'm In Love- Susan Egan

Meg was a great character. Plus this song is sassy. But it’s also sweet and lovely and the Muses are background singers in it, and who doesn’t love them? 
I thought my heart had learned its lesson
It feels so good when you start out
My head is screaming get a grip, girl
Unless you're dying to cry your heart out



8. Tonight- West Side Story

This is probably the only one on my list that sounds a little stalkerish but I like it just the same.  Plus it is one of those songs that always seem to get stuck in my head at the most random moments.
Tonight, tonight
The world is full of light
With suns and moons all over the place
Tonight, tonight
The world is wild and bright
Going mad
Shooting sparks into space



9. All I Ask of You- The Phantom of the Opera


It is a fabulous, heart-wrenching song. But to make this musical 100 times better I think Raoul should have been the one getting the punjab lasso around his neck during the performance instead of Joseph Buquet.

You will curse the day you did not do all that the Phantom asked of you!


10. On My Own


This will always be my favorite 'love' song, if you can even call it that.

I love him
But every day I'm learning
All my life
I've only been pretending
Without me
His world will go on turning
A world that's full of happiness
That I have never known







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : ) They really mean a lot to me and I promise to reply if you follow the following rules:

1. No name calling or rudeness or bashing towards me or others.
2. No unnecessary criticism.
3. No plagiarism of anything I write.
4. No idiocy.

Have a great day! =)