Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day to all of the wonderful mothers out there or who are in heaven. Also a very Happy Mothers Day to anyone who has ever acted motherly towards a child. And although my mom will never read this I would like to give a Happy Mothers Day to her considering she deserves to have a day for herself every once in awhile.


However every Sunday she has to work. Hospitals don't let their employees off just because it is mothers day, or any holiday for that matter.

So this morning I got up at 8 (yes, I am well aware that 8:00 am doesn't exist) and went out to have breakfast with my dad at a masonic temple which has been around since 1913. I have been to this place numerous numbers of times with my dad before and it never ceases to amaze me. The people there are wonderful although it looks like some new generations are trying to get community service out of working here (aka handing out change and giving coffee refills) but the people I know have always been really kind. By the way, this place makes the best toast in the world and has HUGE pancakes which were larger than my entire head. Breakfast is every 2nd Sunday of the month but usually we only go about once a year which is a shame.

The new head mason (I think that's what he's called?) told me that he may have accidentally ordered too many flowers for the breakfast and then gave me a bunch to give to my mom. You're pretty nifty Mr. head mason guy, thank you.

Me and my dad then took a walk through of the building which is honestly the fanciest place I have ever been in. I remember upstairs there used to be a pool table and that is where I learned how to play pool. There is also a place that looks like a huge type of royalty room or court room but it is just where the meetings are held and once in a blue moon, a wedding. It is kind of a hard place to explain, but fancy just seems to be the appropriate word to use for everything in the building and if you ever have a chance to go to a masonic temple I would highly recommend doing so, if only for the architectural aspect.

After we left we stopped by Meijer's to get my dad's girlfriend a grill brush. I found out today that those things could probably draw blood if you are not careful! But when you really think about it most grilling utensils could be used as weapons.O_O My dad also got me this;

^You see this? Lemonade comes in a CAN now. Was I the last person to know about this?!?!?

My dad drove me home afterwards and I thought it would be beneficial to take a nap before my mom got home. I took a nap alright, a low blood sugar induced coma type nap! This has happened before and I always feel really bad when it happens because I really hate to inconvenience people with this stuff and because I'm almost positive it freaks everyone out! I would really prefer freaking people out by being myself, not because I have no control over my actions. My mom came home, found me passed out, and had to give me Glucagon. Great Mothers Day, right? I'm thankful that she came home in time to help though. I could have died and that is something I would rather not do just yet.

But despite that little mishap it did turn out to be a good Mothers Day for her and that's all that really matters. Hugs to all the mommy's out there!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : ) They really mean a lot to me and I promise to reply if you follow the following rules:

1. No name calling or rudeness or bashing towards me or others.
2. No unnecessary criticism.
3. No plagiarism of anything I write.
4. No idiocy.

Have a great day! =)