Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Movies

A guy on facebook the other day asked his followers what their favorite Christmas movie was which I thought would be a fun thing to blog about.


My favorite Christmas movie of all time is a tie between National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Carol. I remember my mom always watching NLCV whenever she was wrapping people's presents when I was younger. I never understood how somebody could possibly laugh throughout an entire Christmas film. Turns out it is entirely possible.


When I was 15 years old I watched the movie for the very first time and thought it was one of the most hilarious things that I had seen in awhile. The Christmas lights and sledding have to be some of my favorite parts but I think this one had me literally rofl:


As for A Christmas Carol, it is a movie everyone had seen or atleast knows the storyline. The movie is based off of the novel of the same name by Charles Dickens and is about a mean, cheap, greedy, heartless,
 miser named Ebenezer Scrooge who hates Christmas.

On Christmas Eve, Scrooge is visited by his old partner Marley and is told that he will be visited by three ghosts who will make it their mission to try and transform him into a kinder person so that he doesn't have a terrible afterlife. It has always been one of my favorite stories, so much so that I wrote one of my psychology papers on Mr. Scrooge during the spring. I also learned a week or so ago that the lovely and talented Carrie Preston (Arlene Fowler from True Blood) first saw her husband Michael Emerson (who is one of my favorite actors ever; Ben Linus from LOST) when he was performing as multiple characters during the stage version of A Christmas Carol. There's just an interesting tid bit for you.

Now please enjoy this hilarious video from The George Lopez show on how we can keep Christmas real!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : ) They really mean a lot to me and I promise to reply if you follow the following rules:

1. No name calling or rudeness or bashing towards me or others.
2. No unnecessary criticism.
3. No plagiarism of anything I write.
4. No idiocy.

Have a great day! =)