Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking back on 2013

1:What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
  • I went through my very first ever power outage which was pretty gloomy and dark but a new experience. I swam in the ocean in Myrtle Beach for hours on end and was not afraid of a shark eating my face. I saw a bunch of movies in my class this summer that I have always wanted to see but never had time to do so. I discovered how stressful 4 credit courses can be when your entire class sucks. I finally had a chance to work behind the scenes in theatre instead of on the stage. And last but not least, I went to my very first ever voice acting audition. I wasn't cast but that was a wonderful WONDERFUL experience to have and I really hope to audition for more voice acting things in the future. 
  • 2:Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
  • I didn't really make any resolutions last year. As for this year I guess my resolution is to get out of my comfort zone and to try new things. I would say that I should quit judging others for their lack of knowledge or their lack of using spell check, but I don't think that's going to happen. =P
  • 3:Did anyone close to you give birth?
  • 99% of the people I have on Facebook. 
  • 4:Did anyone close to you die?
  • My uncle. He was a great guy but I sadly was not able to attend his funeral in Virginia. 
  • 5:What countries did you visit?
  • Stayed in this one, once again.
  • 6:What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013
  • More confidence. And glitter eyeshadow!!! 
  • 7:What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
  • I don't recall any specific dates that will remain in my memory. I take one day at a time and try not to obsess about what day it is. 
  • 8:What was your biggest achievement of the year?
  • I finished my biology class without strangling anyone and because of that I get to graduate this spring.
  • 9:What was your biggest failure?
  • Not getting cast in anything. It wasn't so much a "failure" as it was me being disappointed in myself. 
  • 10:Did you suffer illness or injury?
  • I had a hellacious cold this year and I lost my voice. But other than those two thing, no. 
  • 11:What was the best thing you bought?
  • I bought my mom some original Celine Dion perfume for Christmas which is super hard to find in stores and that seemed to make her happy so that was good. As for myself, I really love the black boots that I bought (I call them my Daria boots)
  • and at the beginning of the year I bought The Third Kingdom by Terry Goodkind. I really enjoy The Sword of Truth series and this book did not disappoint. 
  • 12:Whose behavior merited celebration?
  • The Pope. 
  • 13:Whose behavior made you appalled?
  • I'm not sure if this was appalling but I sure as hell was shocked with that VMA performance by Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke. Not to say that Miley's behavior year has been all Virgin Mary, but I always thought Robin Thicke was a creep. I think it was New Year's 2012 when I realized this. If you wear sunglasses inside at 2 am and grind up against every female possible that is creepy. 
  • Justin Bieber makes me appalled along with all of the Kardashians. I say in 2014 we stop making these talent-less losers famous. 
  • People who are rude and demeaning to others also go on this list. How about we starts being  kind to others and stop talking down to them?
14:Where did most of your money go?
Schooling! 

15:What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My voice acting audition. It was really fun and they even provided the auditioners with beverages and snacks! 
  • 16:What song will always remind you of 2013?
  • What Does the Fox Say? 
  • 17:Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
  • I'm about the same. I lost a little weight. I think I'm poorer. 
  • 18:What do you wish you’d done more of?
  • Talked to more people. 
  • 19:What do you wish you’d done less of?
  • Crying and stressing. 
  • 20:How did you spend Christmas?
  • With my family like I do every year. 
  • 21:Did you fall in love in 2013?
  • No. 
  • 22:What was your favorite TV program?
  • Person of Interest. American Horror Story also brought it once again.
  • 23:Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
  • Hate is such a strong word. However, I met a few people I wish to never come in contact with again. 
  • 24:What was the best book you read?
  • I actually read quote a few good ones this year but I thought The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo was excellent. 
  • 25:What was your greatest musical discovery?
  • Blackmore's Night and Queens of the Stone Age. 
  • 26:What did you want and get?
  • I didn't really want anything this year so everything I got was very special.
  • 27:What did you want and not get?
  • Wait, I take that back. I would have liked to have been cast in something.
  • 28:What was your favorite film of this year?
  • I wasn't able to see any new films this year but I'm probably going to the theater to see Saving Mr. Banks in a few days. As for the best film I have seen that did not come out this year, I must admit that I found Thor pretty good. 
  • 29:What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
  • Cupcakes. Always cupcakes.
  • 30:How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
  • Nothing special. Kind of the same as last year but with more pink.
  • 31:What kept you sane?
  • Music and writing.
  • 32:Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
  • N/A
  • 33:What political issue stirred you the most?
  • There's a whole bunch but the Obamacare thing seems to have stirred a lot of debate.
  • 34:Who did you miss?
  • Honestly, I try my best not to miss people. 
  • 35:Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
  •  Don't say anything to any of your family members at Christmas time. 
  • 36:Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
  • If I could tell the world just one thing
    It would be that we're all ok
  • - Hands by Jewel 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : ) They really mean a lot to me and I promise to reply if you follow the following rules:

1. No name calling or rudeness or bashing towards me or others.
2. No unnecessary criticism.
3. No plagiarism of anything I write.
4. No idiocy.

Have a great day! =)