Saturday, June 29, 2013

Howdy Ho! =)

Forgive me for my lack of posting my dear blog readers! I have been extremely busy these last few weeks and have been trying to focus and college and I have actually had more homework for this class than I have ever had for any of my other classes in the past, which is strange because this is an analyzing film class and you would assume we would only watch movies and how they impacted us. That is not the case! I'm not complaining though because I truly am learning a lot and love the subject. I would say I love the class but I feel a strong urge to find a large stick and hit some of my classmates over the head with it- Rafiki style!

I promise my book review on The Hunchback of Notre Dame should be finished pretty soon. I am just writing down some more details before I hit the publish button.

I decided that the rest of this post is going to mention some things I have found and have really liked/disliked this month.

Likes
Nightwish Imaginaerum cd-

I have had this cd ever since the 2nd week it came out. However I lost it only a month ago and have been searching endlessly for it since. Two days ago I found it hanging out in one of my other cds. And before anyone asks, yes, I have an Ipod but I still buy cds if I think they are worth it and I find it rather stupid to judge others on if they have a cd or a handheld music player. But anyways I have been listening to the full Imaginaerum album nonstop and it truly does get better every time you listen to it.

I would also like to mention that I really loved Anette Olzon as the lead singer. Heck, I love Anette Olzon as a person. She just rocks and it was sad to see her leave. What made this 100 times worse is that I found out about her leave the day I got cut from Sweeney Todd. Not a good moment in my life to remember but I'm just happy to know that Anette's still around and singing.

Winter's Bone-

This was seriously a surprisingly wonderful movie. My film class had to watch it and it truly was phenomenal! I give it 9 out of 10 thumbs up.

I remember when I first saw an interview with Jennifer Lawrence for this movie I thought she was a stuck up, snobby, jerk face. But I can now safely say that my judgement was wrong and completely BOGUS and I now find her to be a fantastic actress.

However it saddens me to know that some people still have no idea who she is, like my dad. This is literally how our conversation went.
Me: I saw a movie in class today called Winter's Bone! It was really good.
Him: Haha I don't know what that is.
Me: It stars Jennifer Lawrence.
Him: I don't know who that is.
Me: She stars in The Hunger Games.
Him: The Hunger Games? Is that a TV show? Hahahaha.
Me: Yep.

So now he believes The Hunger Games is a TV show and not a series of books which a couple of movies are based off of. Lovely. By the way does anyone else have the problem where you will tell someone about something really cool and then they just go "I don't know who/what/when/why that is? Because I find that frustrating. Why don't you ask instead of acting like you don't care?

Dislikes

I have a research paper to work on and I only have until late night Tuesday to finish it so my teacher can look upon my paper and see what needs to be worked on before I hand my final draft in. AAAAH.

The extreme couponing lady who lives at the end of the street and sells stuff for cheap prices. The people I know who have been to her say the sales are awesome and I went down there today to see what all the hullabaloo was about and indeed, she does sell quite a few items. That seems like a good thing right? Maybe it is but I somehow got royally screwed! As you all may know I enjoy tea. This lady was selling Celestial Seasoning tea for $1 each. I just brewed me some Cinnamon Apple Spice tea only to find out that the tea was plain Lipton minus the string and label. I was scammed! >=/

That's all for now. I promise I'll try to write more often on here. Thanks for understanding!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : ) They really mean a lot to me and I promise to reply if you follow the following rules:

1. No name calling or rudeness or bashing towards me or others.
2. No unnecessary criticism.
3. No plagiarism of anything I write.
4. No idiocy.

Have a great day! =)