Monday, February 13, 2012

Don't Really Know Why I'm On Here...

Music: If I Had A Heart - Fever Ray

But alas, here I am.

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and again, this is the one day of the year where something bad always happens to me, I break my toe or slam my hand in a car door or fall on ice or something excruciatingly terrible happens! I think that's a reason why I'm not a big fan of this day other than the fact that I'm single yet again this year, but that was to be expected. Either way I can never escape getting hurt tomorrow so I guess I should just suck it up and not worry about it. The minute the moment of being cautious leaves my mind will be the moment I will get hit by a truck, so it's all good!

Tomorrow morning I get to go to the college auditorium and listen to some emo writer talk about how he first came to learn how to make bread with his young children and how making bread is better than buying it in the grocery store! Unless I am personally getting some of this homemade bread I am only coming for a participation grade. This should make for an interesting start to the day, I'm sure I will just 'love' it.  

As for the romantic lovely dovey stuff, I'm not a fan of being single on Valentine's Day but this year I think I will live without being such a nightmare to the others around me unless they are in my personal space and making out. And I swear if one bloody person puts an I love you poem on facebook to their significant other, this year I am going to make a point to hide their status updates from my view for the day so as to not make me mad! But really, I think I can avoid it all this year. I truly have high hopes of accomplishing that.

As I believe I said last year, Valentine's Day is a pointless holiday and is just another excuse to get cheap candy, make people pissed, and hear sad stories about breakups. This year the holiday isn't hitting me hard. I have been listening to Whitney Houston the last few days (RIP) and if her lovely songs about love aren't hitting me I don't think anything will.Tomorrow will come and go, and then everything will be back to normal, after all it is technically just another day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : ) They really mean a lot to me and I promise to reply if you follow the following rules:

1. No name calling or rudeness or bashing towards me or others.
2. No unnecessary criticism.
3. No plagiarism of anything I write.
4. No idiocy.

Have a great day! =)