Thursday, July 26, 2012

Class

Today was a very unusual day in my class to say the least.
Awhile ago I had to write a research paper on something 'philosophical' which I did. The criteria was that  the research paper had to be 3 plus pages, double spaced. Again, 3 PLUS! Because I tend to have a lot of things to say usually I'm one of those people who go over the limit of pages that you are required to write. So to me 3 plus pages equals 6 typed, which I did. So what does Mr.Philosophy do? Marks me down 5 points because my paper was "to long." That's right, TO, not TOO, TO LONG. I get marked down for writing 6 pages about something I was required to write about and he does not even have the decency to use the correct wordage of TOO whilst minusing my points.

But whatever I still have a 95. Five more and it would have been a hundred but that would have been a complete disaster if a student were to get that on a research paper!
So to top the morning off the creepy philosophy teacher who needs to STOP EXISTING wishes to speak to us about famous philosophers by reading aloud chapters 10-11 to us which that in itself is boring beyond belief. Good thing I found this the other day!
http://www.collegehumor.com/picture/6471328/boring-college-class-bingo
I won. BINGO on the first row.
But anyways creepy teacher then ends class by saying;
"Shakespeare was a major philosopher in the Victorian period! (Lies! I don't even think Shakespeare existed in the Victorian era.)Now I shall recite sonnet roman numeral number 4;" (YES! My all time favorite roman numeral number! Bring it!)
Unthrifty LOVEliness!!! Why dost thou SPENDING
Upon thy self thy beeeeeauuuuuty's left hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nature's BEQUEST gives nothing, but doth lendel,
And being frank she lends to those are freeeeee:
Then, beauteous niggard, why dost thou abuuuuuse
The bountEANOUS largess given thyness to give?
I have a few problems with this. 
1. He pretty much destroyed the sonnet by trying to make it sound like a depressed dolphin. Not to mention that's not even how it goes!
Unthrifty loveliness, why dost thou spend
Upon thyself thy beauty's legacy?
Nature's bequest gives nothing but doth lend,
And being frank she lends to those are free.
Then, beauteous niggard, why dost thou abuse
The bounteous largess given thee to give? 

Profitless usurer, why dost thou use
So great a sum of sums, yet canst not live?
For having traffic with thyself alone,
Thou of thyself thy sweet self dost deceive.
Then how, when nature calls thee to be gone,
What acceptable audit canst thou leave?
 Thy unused beauty must be tomb'd with thee,
  Which, used, lives th' executor to be. 

^These are the correct words. Not whatever he was rambling on about left hands.

2. He likes to throw in words in place of other words. 
3. I do not see philosophy in this lesson what so ever!

However this was the highlight of my day after that random sonnet was BETOLD to us.
Guy who sits behind me but hardly ever comes to class; "YO SPEAK ENGLISH I DONT SPEAK BIBLE!"

And then I weeped for humanity. The end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : ) They really mean a lot to me and I promise to reply if you follow the following rules:

1. No name calling or rudeness or bashing towards me or others.
2. No unnecessary criticism.
3. No plagiarism of anything I write.
4. No idiocy.

Have a great day! =)