Monday, April 14, 2014

Rating System

Lately it has come to my attention that the new in thing on Facebook is 'rating people.' Thank God none of my acquaintances on there have done this yet (at least not that I am aware of) or we might have to have a little sit down strangulation bonding time to discuss their douche-baggery and/or bitchocity.

In case you are not informed of this system yet, it is when stupid moron idiot loser hell-ass people rate girls, sometimes guys, on a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being the more 'beautiful' or 'bangable.' I admit, people do rate others on their attractiveness. It shouldn't happen, but it does. But it shouldn't. And it most definite shouldn't happen on Facebook or some other social network. OR EVER.

Then there's the whole "date" or "pass" system going on on tumblr. That shouldn't be a thing either. If you don't know this person on tumblr in real life then you have no business passing on them or dating them. That is stupid.

Now if you are one of those fools who post a photo and tell others to rate you from 1-10, you need to stop. This is an obvious cry for attention. Stop doing this. If you are rated an 8 and start crying because of your rating then it is hard for me to feel sorry for you because the whole rating thing was your idea.

I remember in middle school this used to be a big thing. Most of the guys in my class used to rate the girls on how beautiful they were. Not only that, they rated them to their faces! A guy came up to me one morning and was like "I give you a six." I had no idea what he was even talking about and was even more confused when he went back over to his buddies to give them a high five. Yes, because rating a person on their looks is oh so high five worthy. My friend had to explain to me what that meant and needless to say I was furious and a little sad because back in middle school being anymore below an 8 on the beauty scale was not a good thing! But yeah, he gave me a six. A freaking six? Screw you little middle school boy, I'm a 10!

One of my friends put it the best on Facebook "Guys who rate girls, are losers that don't date girls." Ditto for females who rate. If you feel the need to be rated and actually take this rating thing seriously then I truly hope you find some self confidence. You don't need a rating, just be the best you that you can be. As for the people who enjoy "rating" they are shallow and conceited and aren't even worth a moment of your time or deserve a place thoughts.  These people who keep rating are only giving generic answers of how "attractive" one is based on their own perspective. Usually their perspective sucks.

If you have been one of the unfortunate rating victims then you need to know that the people who are rating you are the truly ugly ones and you shouldn't pay any attention to their stupid rating answer. You are beautiful and are a 10. Remember that. Unless of course your are a spiteful little rater, then you are a -100 and don't deserve to even be reading this blog.

Now rate me on a scale of 1 to 10. I freaking dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : ) They really mean a lot to me and I promise to reply if you follow the following rules:

1. No name calling or rudeness or bashing towards me or others.
2. No unnecessary criticism.
3. No plagiarism of anything I write.
4. No idiocy.

Have a great day! =)