Friday, May 30, 2014

Talking Politics

Now, I made a promise to myself in the past that I would never post anything regarding my political opinions on this blog. However, I can no longer remain silent. That is not to say this post will give you any insight as to  whether I'm a republican/democrat/tea party/etc. I have just heavily disappointed in our president and our administration over the past few months as well as some of the comments people are continuously making.

 Some of these comments include;

Democrats;

  • YOU ARE RACIST! (If you say something against Obama or his family)
  • YOU GET ALL YOUR INFORMATION FROM FOX NEWS. YOU ARE UNINFORMED! 
  • IT'S BUSH'S FAULT OUR COUNTRY IS THE WAY IT IS!!!!!
Republicans;
  • OBAMACARE WEBSITE STILL ISN'T WORKING!!!
  • YOU ARE A LIBERAL NAZI!
  • OUR COUNTRY VOTED FOR A MAN WHO'S NAME RHYMES WITH THE NAMES OF OUR FORMER TWO WORST ENEMIES!!!!! 

Someone from every single party ever;

  • You're so stupid! Here is a list of reasons as to why you and your party are so stupid!

Once you call someone with an opposing viewpoint 'stupid' your political point goes out the window.

We all live in the same country. Stop trying to tear the people down who have different opinions than yours. Everyone has a right to think whatever they want and trying to get them to be on your side with these types of retorts is absolutely idiotic. We all need to stop this. Talk about the issues, debate one another, be informed, don't talk smack.

As for the reason I am writing this very political blog entry tonight;

We all know Jay Carney resigned today as well as Shinseki (no big surprise on that last one),  but that's not what I'm going to talk about.

It has come to my attention that apparently Obama is planning to run for a 3rd term. I'm guessing this is a lie because not only is that impossible, that is not how the government works!

According to the 22nd Amendment;

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.
Section 2. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several states within seven years from the date of its submission to the states by the Congress.

Basically there is no way in hell Obama can run another term unless this amendment is repealed. To do so that would require 2/3rds of both the house of representatives and the senate to vote to amend the constitution, or by a convention called by 2/3rds of the state legislatures. Then 3/4ths of the states (38 states) need to vote for the amendment for it to become part of the constitution.

 I don't see this happening anytime soon. Plus, Obama stated once that he really has no desire for a 3rd term. so I'm almost positive this news story is a lie. But that doesn't stop some people from making idiotic comments like these;

I can't wait for President Obama's 3rd Winning Term!- He hasn't even said that he's running for a 3rd term yet! Calm down!

The 2nd Amendment is old-fashioned and outdated. We need more gun control laws to make America safer.- What in the world does this have to do with anything?!?!? 

Dude, the Constitution is, like, over 100 years old. - Dude, the Constitution was written for a reason! Educate yourself. 

Barack Obama needs a third term to accomplish what he did in two terms......nothing.- That is not true. He has done a few things, whether or not those things are good is up to you. 

I'm really hoping I didn't offend too many of you by writing this, but if I did I truly apologize. I'm just sick and tired of seeing such uninformed and idiotic comments on every news story I ever read on the Internet and after that announcement of a possible third term for President Obama today (and the comments to go along with the article) I felt I needed to state my opinion on this issue before my head exploded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : ) They really mean a lot to me and I promise to reply if you follow the following rules:

1. No name calling or rudeness or bashing towards me or others.
2. No unnecessary criticism.
3. No plagiarism of anything I write.
4. No idiocy.

Have a great day! =)