Thursday, March 1, 2012

What/Who Is This?

Music: Rewind by The Paper Raincoat

Lately I've been noticing some people in my college asking a lot about who/what is this/that? So in order to clear everyones sad little heads I shall explain below a few people and things I think need recognition. I like a lot of things people have never heard of but I'm not afraid to say that I'm biased and feel that yes, people SHOULD know who and what these things are. 

1. Jane Eyre- A book written by a fabulous author who goes by the name of Charlotte Bronte. This book is practically made into a movie every year and was just released to theatres in 2011 starring Mia Wasikowska as Jane.

Why is this on the list? The first day of my literature class a kid asked "What's a Jane Eyre?" Oui.

2. Tom Sawyer- The Adventure's of Tom Sawyer is a novel by Mark Twain. If you have a vague idea of what it's about or who wrote it then you're good.
Why is this on the list? Again, idiots in my literature class asked who Tom Sawyer was and one girl thought he sounded like a state attorney.

3. Rowan Atkinson- Aka Mr. Bean/Johnny English/ Voice of Zazu/Comedian

Why he's on the list: HOW DO PEOPLE NOT KNOW WHO HE IS?!?! He's hilarious! My theatre class today; "Is Rowan Atkinson a dancer?" NO FOOLS! HE'S AN AWESOME PERSON WHO YOU DON'T DESERVE TO SEE!

4. Dark Lord/Dark Lord of the Sith- Different people. One is from Harry Potter aka Lord Voldemort and the other is from Star Wars named Darth Vader who is Luke's father! (never seen Star Wars but even I know the difference)

^^^^ See. DIFFERENT PEOPLE!

Why this is on the list: A person on facebook wanted to inform me that they were the Dark Lord and Dark Lord of the Sith. You cannot be both! In fact nobody is either one of these antagonists, they are both too awesome to be portrayed by anyone other than themselves (and the actor portraying the character.)

5. Tara Gilesbie- If you don't know who she is you need to google her name RIGHT NOW and read her wonderful story!
Why she is on the list: One of my acquantances didn't know who she was. Haha sucker!

6. Pacman- Only the best and most classically awesome arcade game of all time! It became so cool that it went into video game form! I first played it on my super nintendo (well, Ms.Pacman, same difference) and absolutely loved it even though I always lost at level 17. Me and my step brother beat it once, and me and my friend, twice.

Why this is on the list: At Target the other day I heard some 15 year old kid ask his mom "Why is the yellow head eating polka dots in this game?" PARENTS QUIT DEPRIVING YOUR CHILDREN! TEACH THEM WHAT PACMAN IS!

7. The Monkees- Were a band consisting of Micky Dolenz, Davy Jones, Peter Tork, and Michael Nesmith. Best known for their song "I'm A Believer."


Why they are on the list: As you may have heard, Davy Jones (the guy who sang most of the lead vocals) just passed on which means he's been in the news a lot recently. One girl in my art class thought it would be wise to inform us that "Davy Jones is the devil looking guy who lives at the bottom of the sea, so there's no way he could die!" FOOL! If I hear how Davy Jones is the guy who rules "Davy Jones Locker" one more time I'm tying said person up and we shall go on a little road trip to the sea where I will throw the person off a cliff so they can see what "Davy Jones Locker" truly looks like!

 8. Paul Mcartney- He was a former Beatle known for playing the bass and singing the songs such as Yesterday, I'll Follow the Sun,Maxwell's Silver Hammer,Eleanor Rigby, Fixing A Hole, and a few others. He is now one of the U.K.'s wealthiest people.

Why he is on the list: I kid you not, a lot of people didn't know who 'the guy playing the bass at the 54th Grammy Awards was. Not to mention "Who's Paul Mccartney" was a leading twitter trend for two hours after he performed. Sometimes I wonder how the present young generation can function on a daily basis.


9. Industrial Revolution- Please just google this one if you have absolutely no idea what it is. I am not going take time out of my day to explain it to you.

10. Meryl Streep

Why she is on the list- If you have no idea who Meryl Streep is then you have issues and need to go to imdb.com, search her name, then watch one of her movies immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : ) They really mean a lot to me and I promise to reply if you follow the following rules:

1. No name calling or rudeness or bashing towards me or others.
2. No unnecessary criticism.
3. No plagiarism of anything I write.
4. No idiocy.

Have a great day! =)