Tuesday, January 31, 2012

IS THIS CRAYON? IN MY CLASSROOM?!?!?!? THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!

Today has been a good day. I didn't have a quiz in literature and my theatre class was really neat today. Our awesome teacher showed us some youtube videos on children's television and what actors shouldn't do when acting infront of children. Saying "HEY THERE KIDS!" in an overly happy and fake voice will terrify them or make them think you are phony. My teacher actually gave this example in such a hilarious way that I was laughing for a straight 10 minutes. Then he showed us this video of the famous Mr.Rogers:


Am I seriously the only one who laughed watching this? I know it's terrible of me and I had no idea why I found this so funny and I'm a terrible person for doing so,  but when I saw this in class I was literally rofl and I swear half of my classmates thought I was on crack. My reaction went something like this during the video;
"He left so fast." *creepily stares into camera* as soon as we started talking about divorce." - I looked over at some other kid in class who's giving Mr. Roger's a dude WTH  look and I start laughing.
"I know a little girl and a little boy..." Laughs uncontrollably. I know this episode was made in the 50's but that doesn't make the way he says it any less funny.
"Are all GROWN UP things" - Dies laughing.

I'm not trying to bad mouth Mr. Roger's he was a cool guy and when I was younger my mom said I used to fall asleep watching him. I'm not dissing people who get divorces or children of divorcee's either. I just am not understanding why this was so funny to me today and I don't like things I don't understand.

As always art class today was productive as usual. At the beginning of class there is always a sign in sheet for us to write our names down on. Today I wrote my name in crayon with the color of  Razzmatazz. Now I did this for a few reasons.
1. I like color
2. I always sign my name in color whenever I have crayons or a colorful coloring tool with me
3. It's an art class. I thought art=color and color=good.

Well not in this classroom environment! Now I shared this lovely colored crayon with some of my other classmates and one guy even thought it was 'sweet' that someone brought in a crayon, because you know, crayons are pretty cool.  

My teacher did not find crayons or color sweet at all.

So I go to sit down at my table and she grabs the sign in sheet and starts flipping out.

"WHY IS MY SIGN IN SHEET ALL IN CRAYON?!?!? WHOEVER THOUGHT IT WAS A GREAT IDEA TO USE CRAYON ON MY SIGN IN SHEET HERE'S A NEWSFLASH! CRAYON IS NOT A VALUABLE ART TOOL AND WILL NEVER MAKE YOU AN ARTIST! WHOEVER BROUGHT IN CRAYON RAISE YOUR HAND NOW!"

Alls I can say is thank God nobody knew I was the bringer of the colored crayon or if they did thank God they didn't tell her. I really didn't think it would be that big of a deal, I mean it's a crayon, not a bomb. And it was in a seeable color, it was not laser light yellow! And from what I can tell I thought everyone wrote their names really neat.

She then starts screaming for another five minutes about how crayons are inappropriate artistic tools for the future artists of the world. Because everyone in that class strives to be a future artist. *sarcasm*

"I DON'T LIKE CRAYON! CRAYONS ARE WASHABLE AND UNREALISTIC IN ART! YOU KIDS ARE IN COLLEGE, YOU NEED TO ACT LIKE YOU ARE ADULTS RATHER THAN CHILDREN. CHILDREN USE CRAYONS, ADULTS SHOULD NOT! NOBODY HERE CAN NAME ME ANY PIECE OF ARTWORK USED OR DISPLAYED IN CRAYON BECAUSE CRAYONS ARE NOT A GREAT FORMAT FOR ARTISTIC PIECES! NOW, FROM WHAT I CAN TELL ON THIS LIST >my name< WAS THE FIRST TO USE A DESPICABLE CRAYON WHICH ONLY MEANS THAT HE OR SHE MUST HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO BRING IT IN! BE WARNED NOW LADIES AND GENTLEMEN,  IF I SO MUCH AS SEE A CRAYON IN MY CLASSROOM I WILL KICK YOU OUT FOR THE REST OF THE DAY! THERE ARE TO BE NO CRAYONS IN MY CLASSROOM!"

Lol. Stupid lady. I happen to really enjoy crayons! I shall now make it my mission in life to bring in a different colored crayon daily just to see her reaction! I always show up a few minutes early  (pretty much before any of the other kids) so I am going to set a crayon down near the sign up sheet every day and see if people actually write with it just to make her mad. If they don't then there is always colored pencils and marker and she said nothing about not using those. In fact I think I will bring in all three coloring utensils just to really agitate the crazy art teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : ) They really mean a lot to me and I promise to reply if you follow the following rules:

1. No name calling or rudeness or bashing towards me or others.
2. No unnecessary criticism.
3. No plagiarism of anything I write.
4. No idiocy.

Have a great day! =)